Tattooing can be a tax on the immune system so we want to make sure the body is well rested and well nourished. Rest and sleep well over the days leading up to getting tattooed. Drink plenty of water and have a solid meal before coming in for your tattoo appointment.
During the healing process, we want to continue resting and nourishing the body to the best of our ability. Be sure to rest well, eat nutritiously and drink plenty of water to help the immune system heal the tattooing optimally.
For 3M Tegaderm / Dynarex View Guard Bandages:
- in a clean bathroom, gently remove this bandage 2-3 DAYS/48-72 HOURS after application and immediately wash the tattoo
* take the Tegaderm bandage off as soon as possible if it begins coming off on its own, curls up at the edges, leaks, excessive fluid builds up or if there is any irritation
For Plastic Wrap or Dental Bib / Polyback Towel Bandages:
- in a clean bathroom, remove this bandage 1-3 HOURS after application (soak the bandage in water before removing, if it is sticking to the tattoo at all) and immediately wash the tattoo
Washing the Fresh Tattoo:
- wash the tattoo with fragrance-free anti-bacterial soap in hot water
- do not scrub the tattoo with anything abrasive until it is healed
- pat dry with clean paper towel (avoid using hand/bath towels because they can collect germs)
- massage mild fragrance-free lotion into the tattooed area
- wipe off excess lotion with a clean and damp paper towel
- do not apply another bandage to the tattoo unless guided in doing so
Until the Tattoo is Completely Healed:
* wash the tattoo every morning & every night
- bathe quickly and do not soak the healing tattoo longer than a few moments
- do not swim with or soak the fresh tattoo
- avoid direct sunlight on the healing tattooed area
- make sure clothing and bedding is clean during the entire healing process
- completely avoid exercise for the first 3 days and avoid sweaty exercise for the first 2 weeks
Contact me if you have any questions via email.
* Contact me immediately, if you have any adverse reactions. CALL/TEXT: 860-785-3495, EMAIL: email@example.com